New Hamphire Downloadable Books provides eBooks, audios and magazines. Watch a short video on getting started or go to NHDB now. You will need your library card number to logon; if you do not know your number, email us or leave a voice mail at 253-6950. NHDB is a partnernship bewtween NH libraries and the Overdrive Media Services.
Overdrive apps. NHDB works best with software apps that interface between your device and Overdrive. The Overdrive App works with MAC, Android, Fire, PC and Chrome devices. The Libby App (Android, iOS, and Windows 10) has an interactive interface. You can download these apps from your device’s App Store or Play Store.
First-time users: Read or download our guide to downloading eBooks and audios from NHDB. Watch a video on how to use the NHBD Overdrive system. Links for additional videos on using specific devices appear in the left menu. For step-by step guides for using your Kindle, Nook, tablet or other devices, visit the NHDB blog. Look up your device in the application menu bar on the right of the screen. Read our guide to eMagazines or visit the Digital Magazines link at the NHDB Blog.
Frequently asked Questions:
- Who can download from NHDB? Anyone with a valid Nichols Library card.
- What do you need? A computer, web access and a compatible media player (see NH Audio for a list of compatible devices).
- How does it work? Go to the NHDB’s Overdrive site. Log in as Nichols Library and enter your library card number. Browse titles and add them to your cart. Download them (3 at a time) to your computer and transfer them to a portable player (either WMA or MP3 compatible). You can burn selected titles to a CD.
- How long do I keep them? items stay on your player for two weeks.
- What if the book I want is checked out? You can place reserves to be put on a wait list for popular titles. You will be notified by email when your requested title becomes available. You have 48 hours to download the book. If you already have 3 titles checked out, you may not check out your reserved title. So be careful how many checkouts and you reserves you have at one time.